As builders we always have an eye on the latest trends and products new to the industry. And we were interested on the findings listed in the Professional Builder recently. The Professional Builder has introduced their top trends in “design, construction, product technology, and consumer preferences” and we wanted to share their findings with you below.
From Professional Builders:
- Glass pocket doors are more affordable. Bringing the indoors out continues to be one of the biggest themes in residential design.
- Manufacturers are getting creative with ventilation. Products that improve indoor air quality and help reduce energy consumption are in high demand.
- Spa-like living is for all homeowners. Who says that only the well-off can afford the spa treatment at home?
- Vintage is in. Amish-crafted wood garage doors; windows made from reclaimed Douglas fir; traditional farm-style sinks; brushed-texture hardwood flooring — these are just a few examples of products designed to meet the growing demand for a vintage aesthetic.
- Security gets smarter, simpler. From entry door locks that alert homeowners via text or email when the locking device is activated to robotic security lights that illuminate and track any movement within a detection zone, manufacturers are making it possible for builders and homeowners to incorporate a higher level of security without the cost of “all-in” systems.
- Gypsum grows up. Some of the most compelling product innovations are coming out of the gypsum wallboard category — including low-dust, mold-resistant joint compound; lightweight drywall; and even pollution-capturing gypsum board.
We’d love to hear what trends you are most interested in incorporating in your home.